Yes, I got the recipe. If you’ve had these before you’re jumping for joy right now. If you haven’t, well you soon will be.
My mom, Mama Mac, makes some pretty fantastic bake goods. Her most popular recently have been these energy bars, but she’s normally VERY tight lipped about her recipes. After much pleading and begging, here’s the goods:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cacao chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup coconut shreds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp flax seeds
1 tsp baking soda
Salt to taste
1 cup coconut oil (must be melted!
4 egg whites
2 tbsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 and butter a 9×13 pan.
2. Mix all dry goods together.
3. Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl for 30 strokes, then add the melted coconut oil and vanilla. Quickly whisk together.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring constantly. It gets thick so this can count as part of an arm workout 😉
4. Spread the mixture into the pan and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown along the edges.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.