Please discuss any changes to your fitness routine with your doctor!
Ok don’t get me wrong, I strongly dislike cardio. Always have. I am slowly learning to love it because of all of it’s health benefits though. Plus, I do have to say that the “runners high” is actually a thing! Who knew? If you need a little extra kick in the butt to get your cardio on, here are several reasons why cardio is important for your health:
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Improves your cardiovascular health. This can, in turn, lower your cholesterol.
- Strengthens your immune system. Especially important during a pandemic don’t you think?
- Improves brain power.
- Lowers stress.
- Increases endorphins. I don’t know about you but I’ll take all the extra endorphins I can get right now!
- Affordable and easy to do. Head to my instagram to get some great and easy cardio workouts!
Doctors recommend at least 75 minutes of moderate to vigorous cardiovascular exercise a week to see the above benefits. I have been doing 35 minutes or more of cardio 4x a week. I switch between running, the stair stepper, jumping rope, and running some more. I have a Whoop, so I can really see the positive changes in my overall heart rate and blood pressure.