From here on out, all of the “Working out with Baby” videos will be Instagram only. They will be posted every Monday. To compliment those videos, I will post a favorite healthy recipe on here. Unless otherwise stated, they will all be for you AND your little.
Huddy LOVES muffins. I’m afraid of giving them to him for 2 reasons: all of the sugar that is normally put into them, and him choking on a piece of fruit. I know that’s weird, but he did start choking on a banana muffin once and I’ve been paranoid ever since! Anyways, with the 4th coming up I wanted to make something fun and festive without all the fat and calories. So here they are! Healthy, happy 4th of July muffins:
*2 egg whites
*1 tbsp vanilla
*3 tbsp applesauce
*1 tbsp water
*2 tbsp flax seed
*1 tbsp chia seeds
*2 3/4 cups Trader Joe’s Multigran Baking Mix
*1/4 cup brown sugar
*2 cups blended frozen strawberries and blueberries
1. Heat oven to 350F
2. Whip together the wet ingredients.
3. Add in the flax and chia seeds and cinnamon
4. While stirring, slowly add the mix and brown sugar
5. Take frozen strawberries and blueberries out of the freezer and blend until finely chopped. Fold 1 1/2 cups into the mix.
6. Use 1/2 cup to scoop batter and place in muffin pan.
7. Top muffins with left over berries and place in the oven.
8. Let cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
* I use all organic products. I figure it makes it easier and less annoying to put as a footnote then in front of every single ingredients
**If you have cinnamon protein powder, a 1/2 scoop or more would go GREAT with this recipe!
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.