I loooove chicken, however, it gets pretty boring when I’m eating it 5 nights a week. So I decided to spice it up a little with stuffed chicken! I got the original recipe from here, but switched it up quite a bit.
*6 Chicken Breasts
*4 pieces of turkey bacon
* Box of toothpicks
*Glass baking dish
*Let me stop here by pointing out I do not like to use salt in a lot of my recipes, as you may have noticed by now. I think a majority of our foods have way too much salt in them (along with other chemicals but I’ll go into that at another date) and try to keep it to a minimum at home. Plus the turkey bacon is salty enough!*
**I’ll leave the interior of the chicken to you. I mixed 1 slice pepperjack cheese , 1/2 cup frozen spinach and 2 pieces of chopped bacon for 3 of the breasts. The other three breasts were stuffed with 1/2 cup spinach, blue cheese, and 2 pieces of turkey bacon. Mix and match and have fun with it! I do recommend sneaking some kind of veggie in there.
1. Preheat oven to 350. Sizzle up that turkey bacon in a frying pan until nice and crispy. Remove from pan, wrap up in a paper towel, and smash to bits! Leave the frying pan and leftover bacon oil simmering on the stove.
2. Slice chicken breasts in half and stuff with your choice of goodies then close the open side of the chicken with toothpicks.
3. Rub blackening seasoning on each side of the chicken, then put into the bacon pan to sear the seasoning in. Do for each breast (unless you have a little one, if so, skip this step for their chicken).
4. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
5. MAKE SURE TO TAKE OUT TOOTHPICKS. Yes that had to be in bold. I may not be able to fix stupid but I can at least try and prevent injuries 😉
Typical meal prep day for us- TONS of sweet potatoes, and these 6 chicken breasts will get us through the week.