Welcome to the Tips and Tricks linkup! For this linkup share one or several general life tips or tricks on your blog (we know you have some good ones hiding up your sleeves). You can write about whatever subject you desire, just let us know some ways to do it better. The complete rules are listed below.
How to Host One Heck of a Party
Many of you don’t know this, but I used to be a Sales and Catering Manager of an event venue in Atlanta (if you ever need recommendations for social or corporate email me!). So party planning became a passion of mine. I love hosting showers, throwing tailgates, or just having friends over for a nice dinner. Here are my live-by rules for a successful event:
1. Do NOT run out of food. It’s tacky and you will look cheap. Sorry to be abrupt but this is a huge pet peeve of mine. If you’re afraid you don’t have enough food, you probably don’t so get more. If you can’t afford to get more, ask others to pitch in. Note: rolls, mac and cheese, and anything with carbs is a great way to fill up your guests without breaking the bank.
2. However, make sure to have variety. 5 dips and 4 different types of chips do not a great event make. Veggie trays, sliders, one or two dips, fruit kabobs, popcorn bar, different types of breads and cheeses…the list can go on and on. Pinterest is always a great place to find ideas!
3. Personalize it. If it’s a baby shower, match the color of the party to the nursery. If it’s a tailgate, use the team colors for napkins, plates, trays, garland etc…
4. Goodie bags are such a classy way to send off your guests. It can be as small as a thank you note and a cookie.
If you like the look of this shower, the main post is here. You may notice the guest of honor 😉
1) Write a post with one or two tips or tricks. Link back to your hosts Casual Claire and Happily Hughes, and include then linkup button:
2) Share your link with us below.
3) Read the post of the person who wrote before you and LEAVE A COMMENT on their post (this is important – we want to encourage community and friendship).
4) Have fun!
An InLinkz Link-up
I love it!!! You host the best parties!
Love the tips! I always tell people to bump up the AC an hour or so before people arrive. Ain't nothin' worse than being in a hot, crowded room when you're supposed to be having fun!
Megan that's a fantastic tip! Thank you for adding that!
Well thanks for your wonderful suggestions on party tips!! Actually, I am also thinking to arrange a get together party with my college mates. Recently, I found a site where they are offering best party venues Houston TX at genuine prices and I have decided to book venue from this site. Isn’t it cool?
Comments are closed.