Protein Gingerbread Cookies
Alright bring on Christmas! One thing I love about the holiday season is a good gingerbread cookie. This year I decided to put a healthy spin on it with some protein added in. These are delicious!! But I’m not gonna lie this recipe took a few tries to perfect. The first two times the dough was so sticky I had to scrape it off my counter. But third times the charm! Enjoy and feel free to send me pics of your delectable treats 🙂
- 1 1/2 TBSP
- 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup
- 2 3/4 cups
- 1 cup
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 2 scoops
AboutTime Vanilla Protein Powder
- In a mixer, mix all of the wet ingredients until smooth(butter, egg whites, greek yogurt, and dark molasses). Then pour in the brown sugar and mix again until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients (cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, spelt flour, and protein powder).
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the sugar mix while continuing to stir.
- Roll dough into a ball and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 and take the dough out of the fridge.
- Sprinkle clean counter space with spelt flour, then place the dough in the middle of it and roll it out until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle the top of dough with flour.
- Use whichever cookie cut outs you like! Dip it in flour then cut out each cookie and place on a greased cookie sheet (I used coconut oil).
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
With Yogurt hmmmm that is interesting and a great way to sneak protien in for the kids to eat. I may have to try this one.
Adding in the protein definitely makes it much healthier! I'm a Holistic Nutritionist over here & always encourage clients to eat enough protein throughout the day 🙂
Thanks for sharing & pinning this!
Sounds yummy! I will definitely have to clip this into my evernote and try it this year. I think I'll try it with Almond flour… Thanks for sharing!
I made gingerbread cookies a few weeks ago, but I'll have to try your recipe! I added oats to mine, but adding protein is a great idea.
I am always down for healthy and tasty. Thanks for this recipe. This will surely be used in the future!
Looks delicious, and healthy, of course! I'm pinning this to my Cooking with Kids board.
These sound and look delicious! It's nice to have a healthy alternative during this time of year!
Yum! Thanks for sharing a healthier alternative to one of our favorite Christmas cookies!
Mmm, this look so good and is making me hungry. Lunch break can't come soon enough
This look awesome! I always have the hardest time finding a thin ginger snap cookie in the stores, and add on that this is a healthier recipe and I'm sold. I've pinned this to make later on this holiday season. 🙂
Comments are closed.