Healthy Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 package ground chicken
- 1 package mild chicken sausage
- 1/4 cup Kraft Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp Progresso Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 boxes Progresso Tuscan Chicken Broth
- 6 baby carrots finely chopped
- 6 celery sticks finely chopped
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 box Quinoa noodles
- Pour chicken broth, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, spinach and seasoning into a crockpot and let simmer on low for 3 hours.
- In a mixer pour eggs, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and mix on low. Add ground chicken and sausage and mash well, until evenly mixed.
- Place skillet on medium heat.
- Use a tbsp to scoop out meatballs and place on skillet. Brown on each side for 20 seconds.
- Refrigerate meatballs while soup is simmering.
- 20 minutes before meal, boil pasta until al dente. Drain in colander and set aside.
- Next, place soup in a pot and set to boil. Once boiling, add in meatballs.
- Cook meatballs for 6-8 minutes until fully cooked.
- Set soup to low and add quinoa pasta.
- Serve up, garnish with parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
And because it’s Public Viva Italia Days- a lot of these ingredients are on sale! Kraft, Progresso, Pillsbury, and Hunts EXTRA coupons can be found at these hyperlinks.
This looks yummy!! 🙂 Stopping by from the Peony Project!! 🙂
Hello my dear Peony!!
With these crazy cold temps in my neck of the woods this looks perfect and delicious!!
It is! I hope you get to enjoy it!
That looks good! I don't think I've ever actually had Italian Wedding Soup before!
Angela you must try! It's like spaghetti chicken noodle soup 🙂
mmmmmmm looks yummy :)I love soup on cold days it's just so comforting x
Looks delicious, although I have to admit, I've never tried Wedding Soup.
Lindsay you must try! Like most Italian food, it's delish!
This looks fantastic! Just what I need on these cold winter days. If you're looking for a new link party, my co-hosts and I would love to see you over at Show Me Saturday this weekend.
Oh I would love to join!! Thank you dear!
I would love to try making a vegetarian version of this with vegan "sausage" and chickpeas in place of the chicken. I bet it'd be great!
Hannah, if you do please let me know! I'd love to see the results!
I love this – this looks like something I COULD even make!!!!! (I hardly cook) and I love your pics!
You sound like me!! Most of my recipes are super simple because I am a kitchen dunce 😉
this looks amazing! and healthy thanks for sharing !! i cant wait to try :))
Absolutely! I can't wait to hear how it turns out!
Italian Wedding Soup is one of my favs! This seems like a much healthier alternative! =)
It is! And delicious!!
Looks good. I didn't know they made quinoa noodles. I'll have to see if they carry them in Michigan.
Oh I bet they do! They'll be in the pasta aisle in the gluten free section. The multi-colored Ancient Harvest tastes the best!
I've never tried quinoa noodles, but that sounds awesome! Italian Wedding Soup is my second favorite soup in the world! <3
Farrah you must try! My mother is not a big quinoa fan and she couldn't even tell they were quinoa noodles.
This soup looks delicious. We have soup fans in our house so we can't wait to try this! Adding to my Pinterest page.
Oh amanda can't wait to hear what everyone thinks!!
It was so good! Perfect for the chilly winter.
This looks so yummy! will have to try this one tonight.
I hope you loved it Ed!!
Comments are closed.