We had so much fun in Nashville last weekend! My brother-in-law and his family just moved there, so we went to visit and play tourists in their new city. Family time, tons of delicious food, and all sorts of interesting attractions made it a trip to remember. Here’s our Nashville Family Guide!
- Adventure Science Museum– this is a MUST if you have kids. We took Hudson and the nephews and everyone had a wonderful and educational time. There is SO much to do! There’s a planetarium, bungees, “explore your body”, a huge indoor playground, and more activities than you can count. I promise this will keep both kids and adults busy and happy for hours.
- The Parthenon– a full-scale reproduction of the Parthenon in Athens, Greece. Not only is this also educational, it’s a great place to take family pictures and see how gorgeous Nashville really is.
- Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage– I was totally questioning this one, but it was actually very interesting and a great place for Hudson to run around. All of our photos with the beautiful foliage was taken here as well. They have lots of events for families so check their event calendar to see if there’s anything going on the week you are there. And don’t miss the little cafe!
- The Ryman– My in-laws visited here and absolutely loved it. You get to learn the intriguing history of the Ryman, while also enjoying famous past performances. Perfect for any music/history buff.
- Country Music Hall of Fame- obviously this is a must, even if you don’t enjoy country music. I had no idea of it’s rich past, or how many artists got their beginnings as country music singers. Very interesting and beautiful architecture.
- Cheekwood Botanical Garden– Absolutely breathtaking. You have to go. Take family pictures, walk around, and enjoy this stunning attraction.
- Pucketts– do NOT miss this restaurant. They have both a buffet and made-to-order food. The buffet is so so good, but I also recommend their egg-white omelette!
- Savannah Candy Kitchen– Open 10 AM- 11 PM so you have all day to get a delicious treat. I’m partial to the dark chocolate covered marshmallows and peanut butter cups.
- Soda Parlor– such a neat little place where you can try a plethora of delicious floats!
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken– because hot and spicy chicken. And because it’s delicious.