I learned about this easy family staple at a Minute® Rice event with several other Atlanta bloggers, in which I was also introduced to Minute® Rice’s Recipe website. If you find yourself in a rut again anytime soon, make sure to check out that site for many more great family meals! Now time for the recipe:
- Minute® Rice Multi-Grain Medley
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 TBSP Butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts, sliced ALMOST in half
- 1 Cup Chiptle Seasoning
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar
- 20 toothpicks soaked in water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2 Qt. glass Pyrex with coconut oil.
- Place a large pan on the stove top at medium heat with 1/4 cup coconut oil.
- Rub both sides of chicken with Chipotle seasoning, then sear each side in coconut oil for 2 minutes.
- Place each chicken in Pyrex and stuff inside with 1/4 cup spinach and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Then seal chicken closed with 5 toothpicks along the open edge.
- Place Pyrex in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until slightly brown on the outside and fully cooked on the inside.
- Then cook the Minute® Rice. Follow the exact instructions on the box and you will have perfectly cooked rice every time. For the adult portions I use 1/2 cup rice and mix it with 1 TBSP sweet chili sauce. For the kids I take 1/2 cup rice and use 1/4 TBSP butter to flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you want more healthy meal ideas, try these Cookie Protein Pancakes!