Gingerbread Protein Donuts
You know I had to do another protein donut recipe 🙂 If you enjoyed the blueberry donuts, you’ll love these Gingerbread Protein Donuts! These gingerbread protein donuts are full of protein and deliciousness. They’re the perfect treat for Christmas morning, or to help you get on track with your New Year’s resolutions! The recipe is below- let me know what you think!
And don;t forget to use my code HAPPILYHUGHES for 25% off your AboutTime purchase!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops Chocolate AboutTime protein powder
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 1 cup applesauce- Use the carrot applesauce from Trader Joes
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- *Powdered sugar to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease donut pan with coconut oil
- Pour wet ingredients into mixing bowl and whip until frothy: egg whites, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla extract.
- Next, add the dry ingredients slowly while still stirring: whole wheat flour, protein powder, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Mix until well combined, then pour the mixture into the donut pan. I found scooping the mixture out with a 1/4 cup and pouring it into each donut holder with a spatula works best with this sticky dough.
- Fill each donut 2/3 of the way.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 or until edges are slightly brown.
- Dust each with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy with your cup of coffee!
I love all things gingerbread. These sound amazing!
These look so festive and Christmassy! never made donuts before but I will give these a try soon!
how fun! pinning this right now!!
Southern Elle Style
Oooh yummy!! I’m all over gingerbread anything, and I have all the ingredients for these.. so I think I’ll need to give them a try!
WOW! These look and sound amazing! Can’t wait to try this recipe. Merry Christmas!
Wowza! I’ll be swapping out the whole wheat flour for gluten free flour and making these stat!
OMG. Do you think they’ll let me leave work to go make these? 😉
Jessica, this looks delicious! Love that you threw some flaxseeds in here too 🙂 Gonna have to pin this and make it after we get back from out of town.
These look fabulous!
YUM… and protein packed too? Totally making these!! Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe!
Karen | http://www.GlamKaren.com
Oh my word! These look absolutely amazing! Pinning right now 🙂 Happy holiday’s, girl! XO
These look delicious! I really struggle to get enough protein in my diet so I’ll have to try these.
Yummy! It must be an optical illusion, but I had to do a double take because in the photo they look glittery! Maybe it’s too early in the day for me… lol. I LOVE your blog by the way! It’s gorgeous!
Mmmm these look delicious!
I am not usually a donut person but these looks so good! I am a gingerbread person 🙂
Oh my these look so delicious! I cannot wait to try them. Thanks for sharing this!
YUM!!! These would be perfect on Christmas morning!
Those look great!
Yum! I want these. Wish you’d come over and make them for me. ;o)
I’m so hungry right now…these look so good!
These sound good! My family is into gingerbread treats for breakfast, so I’m sure they’d love this one.
These look so delicious and I love that they have protein powder in them!!
Thank you for sharing!
yum yum yum
These look delicious! I love baking goodies!
Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com
These sound delightful! Perfect for the holidays!
This looks so good! Thanks for sharing such an cool recipe | http://carmelapop.com
Love that you said to enjoy with coffee…that sounds like a perfect way to start the day.
YUMMM!!! These look sooooo delicious!
Ummmm omg I need these!?
These look soooo GOOD!
These gingerbread donuts look amazing! 😀
Comments are closed.