This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HostingHacks #CollectiveBias
With Christmas being only 4 days away (4 DAYS!) I put together a quick checklist for all your holiday entertaining needs. If you’re like me, you’ll have friends and family dropping by over the next week. Having a clean house is of utmost importance. I do a thorough cleaning right before the holiday rush. I’ve shared my cleaning tips and tricks, as well as some money-saving hacks to help with your holiday entertaining below!
Must-Have Holiday Cleaning Checklist:
That’s it. That’s all you need! Seriously, I’m not pulling your leg. Most importantly, you can get all of these P&G goods at Costco! One-stop shop and more bang for your buck? Definitely a win-win situation.
My holiday Entertaining Cleaning Tips and Tricks:
- When using your Swiffer wet refills, I highly recommend sweeping your house first. Then use the Swiffer to add that clean, gorgeous sheen to your wood floors/tile/laminate.
- I put ALL of my dishes and plates through the dishwasher before the holiday rush begins. Yes, all of them. Pots, pans, cookie sheets, serving ware, bowls, utensils, plates etc. That way I can insure that my dishes will be gleaming when guests arrive. I’ve found that Cascade Action Pacs, Complete do the very best cleaning.
- And my favorite: Gain Original Fresh laundry detergent. I throw all of these linens in the wash before having guests: all towels, wash cloths, kitchen towels, bedroom sheets, table linens, and throws/blankets. I use Gain Original Fresh because it gives off the cleanest scent, while keeping colors bright and spotless.
- But what you’re really here for are my Gain Original Fresh household hacks!
- Cleaning countertops and bathrooms. Just mix 1/3 cup Gain Original Fresh detergent with 5 gallons of warm water and scrub. Not only will your house sparkle, but it will smell delicious!
- Unclog drains! Just pour a capful of detergent down your drain and wait 30 minutes. Then follow through with hot water and BOOM your drain is unclogged.
- Carpet stain remover. There are bound to be spills during the holiday season, so get a spray bottle and fill it with this concoction: 1 teaspoon laundry detergent and 1 cup water. Make sure to shake before spraying! Spray on stain, let sit for a couple minutes, then scrub it out with a sponge.
I hope these tips and hacks with P&G products help you keep your house clean and your mind sane during the holiday entertaining season!