Buckeye Protein Bites
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I wanted to share a better-for-you treat that has been taking care of my sweet tooth lately. These protein-packed goodies have much less fat, sugar and calories than the originals but taste delicious! As always, they contain AboutTime all-natural protein powder, which is by far my favorite on the market! You can use my promo code HAPPILYHUGHES for 25% off your order! Here are my Buckeye Protein Bites:
- 1 Cup PB2
- 2 Scoops AboutTime Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder
- 2 TBSP Flax Seed
- 1/3 Cup Almond Milk
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 2 Bars 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate
- Double Boiler
- Wax Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- In a medium bowl mix PB2, AboutTime protein powder, and flax seed.
- Slowly add the almond milk, water, and then vanilla to mixture.
- Place mixture in the fridge for at least an hour to harden.
- Roll mixture into TBSP sized balls.
- Place back in fridge for another hour.
- Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate bars over the stove top.
- Once chocolate is melted, take mixture balls out of fridge and using a toothpick, dip each ball into chocolate mixture coating evenly. Place on wax paper on cookie sheet and place back in fridge.
- Once all chocolate is hardened you can put all of the buckeyes in a tupperware and store in the fridge.
These sound delicious! I love protein balls, will definitely have to try this recipe.
OMG this looks delicious!
Really can’t go wrong with the peanut butter chocolate combo! Come join us on Meatless Monday with these
Oh, yum! PB and chocolate really are the perfect food pairing.
What a great recipe idea. I have some PB2 but honestly don’t have a clue how to use it!
I would get in such trouble with these!
YUM! Peanut Butter and chocolate are my favorite combination!
Oh man, those look good. I love PB and chocolate. You had to post this, didn’t you?
Those certainly look easy, and probably much better for you than the traditional version!
This looks like a really tasty snack! I need to try using protein powder..I’m missing out!
Can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter, it is one of my favorite combos! Thank you for linking up with us for Meatless Monday!
These look and sound so good! My boyfriend is so proud to be from Ohio, so I might have to make him a batch of these just to see him get a kick out of it. I’m looking forward to trying a batch of these for my training runs, too! Have you tried freezing them? I’m just curious if they freeze well. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I’ve never made or eaten a buckeye but adding protein is brilliant. I work with people that make them often. Think they would be open to the suggestion?
These look delicious – like a healthified reeses cup! 🙂
Who can’t resist chocolate and peanut butter? It’s like a healthy Reese’s cup. Thanks for the idea.
I really need to try about time protein. So many people rave about it!
Love peanut butter and Chocolate, think I’ll give them a try. hopefully I wont eat all of them by myself.
What a great idea! We’ve always had buckeyes as treats at Christmas time, I love the idea of healthier ones!
Hi I’m coming over from Janelle’s post on these delicious little treats! I just had to have the recipe! I’m such a sucker for the duo of PB and chocolate! Pinning for later and also sharing this! Thanks!
It is my humble belief that you can’t go wrong with chocolate + peanut butter. 😛 These look amazing!
These look great! Chelsea had never heard of a buckeye so now I need to make these for her. Have you calculated the macros? I’d be interested to see the protein to calorie ratio.
Comments are closed.