I love a fun braid. Why? Because I still feel pretty while not having to wash and style my hair. What’s even better is this style takes all of 10 minutes! Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Here’s my dutch braid bun hair tutorial, and some fun new products to try!
Here’s how to do this fun dutch braid bun hairstyle!
- Part your hair down the middle from your forehead to the base of your neck. Tie one side off and begin dutch braiding the other side.
- A dutch braid is a backwards french braid. Instead of braiding one piece on top of the other, braid UNDER. Tie off with a clear plastic tie. Fluff your braid by gently pulling on each strand to make wider.
- Begin dutch braiding the second side.
- Repeat step 2 for the second braid. Nice and fluffy braids make an even prettier bun!
- Twist the braids around each other to make a bun and tie off with a hair tie.
- Fluff the braids a little more and pin into place. I like to pull the edges of the braids to make the bun as wide as possible.
Now let’s talk about hair health. I only wash my hair twice a week. This allows my hair to regenerate and soak in it’s natural oils. I’ve also been using these Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Hair Care Honey Treasures shampoo, conditioner and hair mask. My hair is shiny, healthy, and feels amazing! I love honey and use it often in my day to day life. Putting it in my hair and seeing the health benefits are just another reason to love this all-natural substance. With royal jelly and propolis added in, it’s a great combination for healthy hair. Not to mention, my mane smells fantastic! You can get these awesome products at Walmart. Make sure to grab the hair mask as you’ll really see a difference in your hair!