Increase Energy Levels
Thank you Hyland’s Good Morning for sponsoring this post. All words are my own.
So many of you may think I’m crazy. And, well, I am. Between being a wife and mom I feel like my plate is overfull, not to mention my blogging career. I know I take on WAY too much at once, but I think most women have a tendency to do that. We’re all trying to be superwoman, am I right? So I want to share how I keep my energy levels up through the day-to-day nuttiness.
How to Increase Energy Levels
So here are my tips for increasing your energy levels a healthy way:
- Exercise– Come on, you knew I was gonna say it. I know the Catch 22 of this recommendation. You don’t have any energy so you don’t wanna work out. I promise after a week of consistent exercise you will have more energy!
- Cut down on sugar & caffeine– Another hard one but it’s a must! Both caffeine and sugar cause dependency, which means you need to keep ingesting it to maintain your energy levels. A cup of coffee or a piece of dark chocolate a day won’t be detrimental, but keep it on the small side.
- Drink lots of water– Your body is made up of 60% water and needs to keep it’s hydration levels up to keep its energy up.
- Better quality sleep– I know you’re thinking DUH but hear me out. Put the phone on silent, turn the TV off, turn the lights off, and get your zen on. More sleep may not be possible but cutting down on the interruptions will help you achieve deeper and better sleep. This, in turn, will increase your energy levels.
- Focus on consuming more protein and vegetables– There’s a reason why I am always harping on this point. Carbs cause sleepiness. Proteins and veggies are easier to digest, which means the food is turned into energy faster.
- Hyland’s Good Morning– Life gets in the way and crap happens. If for some reason I haven’t gotten a solid 5 hours of sleep (this is like every other night ya’ll) I take Hyland’s Good Morning.
Hyland’s Good Morning is a natural and caffeine-free alertness aid. It was designed to help reverse the affects of a sleepless night- drowsiness, fatigue, and mental lethargy. I take a tablet in the morning and feel my body wake up and my mind sharpen. It’s helped a ton these last couple of weeks with all we’ve had going on- trips, illnesses, another sleep regression for Henley, and night terrors for Hudson. I want to be the best mom, wife, and blogger that I can be, and Hyland’s Good Morning helps me do that! I also appreciate that it’s non-habit forming and caffeine and stimulant free! Here’s a $1 off coupon for you to try it!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hyland’s Good Morning.
Love this post! Working out is SO beneficial!
These are great tips! I find that I have a ‘sweet spot’ for how much sleep I need to get to have the most energy. Too much or too little and I’m exhausted.
Thanks for the helpful tips 🙂 I need to try Hyland’s Good Morning!!
Glad to see we’re on the same page, girl! I love all of your tips (and stick to them daily too) and they are pretty much my rules. Loving your blog too, your side photo is ADORABLE! I love the skirt + crop top!
xo, Amanda | http://www.thegoldengirldiary.com
PS: We have the same last name 🙂
You are the cutest! Love the photos, I need more energy too! Gotta try! xo
Great tips! Number two is tough for me sometimes. I love sweet things, but I often increase my water intake just to help with digestion and tame my sugar cravings.
I so needed these tips! Our 15 month old is just starting to sleep longer and my energy is GONE! Hoping to start getting it back!
This is such an interesting post, and one I need more tips about and from. I need to increase energy because I always feel so freakin’ tired no matter how much sleep I get! xx Adaleta Avdic
I’ve never heard of these, but they sound awesome. I stay away from caffeine, so this would be perfect in the mornings. I love that picture of you jumping…you are really high off the ground!
I’ve never heard of Hyland’s Good Morning. I’ll need to check it out. I try to avoid caffeine, but when I get a migraine, a good dose of it helps knock it down.
That jumping photo and your muscles give me goals, girly! Awesome post! 🙂
Oh I will have to try this! The summer sun has me groggy lately.
This is awesome!! I need this in my life!!
Such great tips! I love to start my day with a workout and I’m trying to drink more water. The Good Morning Supplement sounds like such a big help!
La Belle Sirene
I really need to work on this. I’m going to start with more water & protein!
Hyland’s Good Morning sounds great, but sadly we can’t get it here in the UK (I don’t think!) Anyway I am going to take on board the rest of your tips. I’m tired of feeling tired.
Much love xx
Comments are closed.