I love having the ability to work out at home. I’ve bought and returned so many different pieces of gym equipment to properly stock my home gym that I wanted to share with you so you didn’t make the same mistakes I have! I’ve rounded up exactly what you need to start your home gym, and the best part is it’s under $100 total! Then I’ve broken down other items you CAN buy down the road once your fitness regimen has evolved. I actually got fitness fitouts to come over and build/design my gym for me, I love it even more now!
Home Gym for Under $100
To start your home gym you will need:
- 15 lb Kettlebell– All you’ll need to get started. It’ll probably be a little heavy for you at first but you’ll quickly build up to it.
- 8, 10, and 12 lb weights– Seriously all you need to start out! You can buy more weights as you progress.
- Resistance Bands– This set is AMAZING! It comes with every resistance you need, as well as a door anchor, ankle straps and band handles. And it’s only $30!
- Stability Ball– I love this brand and it’s 50% off so yay for everyone.
- Foam Roller– I cannot recommend foam rolling more. It’s so good for breaking up lactic acid, which in turn lowers your water retention.
What you CAN buy later on down the road:
- Adjustable Kettlebell 10-40lbs– This is for when you’ve built your strength up and are ready to try new workouts with more weight!
- Bosu Ball– You definitely don’t need a Bosu to start out, but I love doing Bosu workouts! They’re great for every single body part- arms, legs, abs. I’ll be doing a Bosu workout later this month so you can see it’s variability.
- Bowflex Adjustable Weights and Bench– Another add on for later down the road. I just splurged on this for myself so if I can’t make it to the gym I can still do my full weightlifting routine at home.
*Contains affiliate links*