This blog post was sponsored by Starbucks but the opinions are completely my own based on my experience #starbucksathome #savoreverysip
In keeping with this weeks theme of getting ready for fall, I’ve teamed up with Starbucks to bring you the cutest little fall coffee bar setup AND a protein pumpkin spice donut recipe. Cuteness and deliciousness all in one!
Protein Pumpkin Spice Donuts
First, let’s talk about this coffee bar. As ya’ll know, I love changing my coffee bar setup for each season. One of my most favorite things about this tradition is getting seasonal coffees. I obviously love the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, but I’ve also grown a fondness for the Hearty with Spice Notes Fall Blend. It’s a perfect caffeine boost during those deliciously brisk mornings. If you’re a Starbucks fan like I am, you know there’s nothing better than the taste of a fresh cup of Starbucks coffee.
I’ve learned that to truly taste coffee there are 4 things to keep in mind: 1. Smell the coffee first. This enhances your tasting experience. 2. Slurp the coffee. That may sound like a horrible recommendation (who likes a slurper?) but it properly distributes the solution over your tongue to enhance the tasting of each flavor. I especially like doing this ritual with my Pumpkin Spice Latte as it allows me to truly enjoy each sensational flavor.
And here are your Protein Pumpkin Spice Donuts!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 TBSP flax seeds
- 1 cup Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 egg whites
- 1 overripe banana
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- Maple Syrup and Sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 and oil your baking pan. I use coconut oil.
- Mix all of the liquids and mashed banana together, whipping until foamy.
- In a separate bowl mix all of the solids together. Slowly add the solids to the liquid mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into each donut mold up to 3/4 fill.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Dip the top of each donut in maple syrup, then add sprinkles.
- Pour a cup of coffee and enjoy!