Healthy Brownie Recipe
Just like you, I frequently have a sweet tooth. And I LOVE brownies! Do you remember those ones our moms used to pack for us for lunch? They looked just like the ones pictured above but they were kind of rubbery and utterly delicious. I wanted to make something similar for Hudson, but without all the nasty additives and chemicals. So I played around with several different mixtures and finally found one we all loved. Here is my:
Healthy Brownie Recipe
- 1 Banana
- 1TBSP Butter- softened
- 1 TSP Oil
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder (I use the Dark Cocoa Powder from Trader Joes- linked below)
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/3 Cup Wheat Flower
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a brownie pan using extra butter.
- Mush banana until there are no clumps. Add the softened butter, oil and egg whites.
- Beat the mixture until fluffy. Slowly add the baking soda, cocoa powder, protein powder, sugar, and wheat flower.
- Continue mixing until shiny and well mixed. Pour into pan and place in the oven.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the center of the mixture and take out without any brownie being stuck to it.
You can get all of my favorite products for this recipe below:
I hope you and your kids enjoy this recipe as much as mine did. If you ever think of a recipe you want me to try and make healthy, please send me an email or comment below!
I’ve never tried making brownies by using a banana… I’ll have to try this!
Good stuff! Love making healthy versions of the good stuff, too! Love your blog!
Healthy and a great recipe to make with the kiddos, pinning!
I need to try this one!
Looks SOOO good and do-able!
I am all about healthy recipes! Thanks for this!
I whoooole heartedly believe real butter is better for you than margarine! I’d eat these in a heart beat.
These look delicious! I love brownies!
Awesome! I love brownies, but haven’t found a good way to make them totally healthy. I’m definitely going to try these.
Ahh I used to love those brownies! I think they were called cosmic brownies?? I love the idea of making these a healthy way. Thanks for sharing!
These sounds super delicious! I have been trying to lose weight but sweets are my weakness. I need to make these!
I have been wanting brownies SO bad lately haha it excites me to know that there’s a healthier version out there. So I may have to try this out. Maybe I wont feel as bad for eating so many of them lol
xo, Keating | Why Hello Lovely
Looks yummy! I’m always open to trying healthy alternatives. I’ll have to try this out.
I’m definitely going to try this! I’ve been craaaaving all things chocolate, so I’ve been looking at all chocolate recipes. This is the first healthy (and good) sounding recipe. Yuuuuum. Can’t wait to try it! 🙂
Holy moly these look so good!!!!! Definitely going to try to make them ASAP.
XO Amanda | http://www.glitterandspice.com
Comments are closed.