I am so excited to start this Paleo challenge with you ladies! To get us all pumped about getting fit, so I wanted to share with you 10 reasons to exercise, in hopes that it will get you PUMPED! The giveaway is at the bottom!
10 Reasons to Exercise
Ok it was really hard for me to narrow this down to just 10 reasons. I know that makes me sound like a crazy fitness enthusiast, but the reality is there are SO many benefits to exercising. And the reason I am so passionate about it is I’ve seen and experienced these benefits. But I don’t want to write a long ass post, and I know you don’t want to read one. So my top 10:
- Working out increases energy. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, and if you’ve just started an exercise routine you may not be feeling this yet. But over time frequent exercise increases your energy levels!
- It’s time away from the kids/husband/work/dog/WHATEVER. Exercise is YOU time. So put your headphones on and focus on just YOU. Not only will you feel better, but it’s a nice refresher to your day.
- It also relieves stress, anxiety, depression, and ADHD symptoms.
- It can also increase creativity! I don’t know about you but I get writer’s block. After a great workout (or a bottle of wine) is when I get my best ideas!
- Not only does sweating it out help detoxify your body, but it increases collagen production in your skin! This can lead to youthful and healthy looking skin.
- Sick of getting sick? Working out regularly has also been found to decrease the number of colds and flus you get a year.
- Burning more calories means you get to eat more calories! I mean, let’s be honest: I workout to eat 😉
- You can lower your heart rate, blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels- just stay consistent and workout at least 3 times a week.
- You’re cutting the risk of cancer! In a recent study of over 14,800 women, those that worked out the most had a 55% less chance of getting breast cancer. There have also been links to lower rates of endometrial, lung and ovarian cancer.
- Because you feel SEXY! That’s right- lifting weights and doing cardio increases your libido as well as overall body image.