Frequently Asked Fitness Questions
Frequently Asked Fitness Questions
*Make sure to check out Veronika and Heather’s posts for this week as well!*
- How do you find time to workout? I MAKE time. 1 hour of every day I have blocked off for the gym. If something happens, as it often does with children, I make up for it the next day.
- Where do you get your workouts? I’m an ACE certified personal trainer so I can make my own workouts with ease. That being said, I highly recommend watching workout vids on youtube and Instagram. PLEASE make sure the person doing the video is a trained professional or is being trained by a professional. The amount of poor form I see in videos nowadays makes me cringe! You can also do BBG. I haven’t done it but Veronika has and she loves it! Check out her post.
- Speaking of… What’s your number one rule for working out? FORM! I am such a huge proponent of proper form over intensity, weights, etc. PLEASE see a professional trainer or watch ALL the youtube videos on proper form. You will see a bigger difference doing your workouts correctly.
- How do I lose my mom gut? Whew this is a loaded question. Ok honest Abe here, its pretty impossible to do. You may have stretch marks or extra skin that just won’t go away. I know I do. Those are pretty permanent. If you have Diastasis Recti, <— check out this post. All that being said, a diet high in protein and veggies and low in fat is always helpful. I also do abs 5 days a week!
- How do I get rid of cellulite? Sadly, cellulite is hereditary and seems to rear its ugly head postpartum. To cut down on cellulite make sure to eat the diet highlighted above, weightlift at least 3 days a week, foam roll after every intense workout, and get a massage once every two months.
- Should I add yoga or pilates to my routine? YES! Either or both are GREAT for your body. Yoga and Pilates work on lengthening the muscles and also give your body a much needed stretch.
- How do I prevent my muscles from getting bulky if I’m weightlifting? One of my favorite questions ever. High reps and low weights lengthen the muscles!
- What do you eat in a day? Whew ok here’s my normal eating schedule:
- Breakfast- Overnight protein oats and a green juice, scrambled egg whites and ezekiel toast with peanut butter, granola with almond milk and a protein shake, or I grab two of these protein muffins and run out the door.
- Snack- Celery and peanut butter, a Premier Protein or Luna bar, unsalted almonds or cashews, Complete Cookie, etc…
- Lunch- Soup and sandwich (I love wild rice and chicken soup or chicken tortilla). It’s best if the sandwich is on Ezekiel bread. I’ll also do a salad and grilled chicken, or a small cup of fruit, turkey and a slice of cheese.
- Snack- any of the above listed or, as you see on my stories, a smoothie with the kids.
- Dinner- Whatever I’m making for the family! If you need some recs, I am a big fan of HelloFresh.
- POINTERS! Breakfast and Lunch need to be the biggest meals of the day. I make sure mine are at least 400 calories each. Dinner needs to be the smallest.
- What is your workout schedule? I do weightlifting on my own two days a week and crossfit three days a week. I totally understand that you may be wary of crossfit gyms, as you should be. I’ve found a great one in Crossfit No Quarter and can highly recommend! If you don’t want to do CF, I would do this schedule: weight lift 4 days a week and do HIIT 2 days a week. You can combine a HIIT and weightlifting day so you have two off days.
Do you guys have any other fitness questions you’re dying to ask? Let me know in the comments below!
Here is WEEK 2 of the plank challenge!
Day 1 – 3 sets of 15 push-ups (knees as modification), tricep dips & side shoulder raises (25 reps if no weights used)
Day 2– 3 sets of 10 burpees, 40 seconds mountain climbers, 40 seconds star jumps
Day 3– 3 sets of 15 bicep curls + bent over reverse fly (palms face in, go back and around) +3 Point Plank with 15 seconds on each one (Left, center, right) and Wacky Jacks
Day 4 – Rest
Day 5– 3 sets of 15 push ups + 3 sets of 15 tricep dips + 3 sets of 30 seconds see-saw planks shifting your weight forward and back
Day 6–3 sets of 10 burpees, 3 sets of 30 second straight arm planks with feet jumping out and in, 3 sets of 30 seconds jumping jacks
Day 7– 3 sets of 15 wide shoulder presses + Elbows at 90 degrees, holding at the bottom for scapular squeezes + Push-ups + Tricep Dips
I could use some new sports bras if I won that’s what I would get. I really like the Solow and the Alo yoga styles.
Ok I love everything in their site lol but if i had to choose I’d get the CARBON38
CHRIS TOP . and with workout clothes like that I would definitely work out every day 🙂 Love it! Thanks!
Alo yoga ripped warrior bra!!
Love these tips! I try to workout regularly, but don’t. I was in bootcamp before and my instructor always always always told us form was more important than anything else!
I like capri leggings, so I’d be inclined to get something like the Nux Mesa Ombre Capris!
I would get the Takara Leggings.
If you struggle to find time alone to work out there is always the option of including the young ones as they find it entertaining to see you suffer. Thank you for not making my day on the cellulite but the other answered questions make up for it.
I like the Onzie peace pant.
I’d love to know what your fast and healthy go to snacks/meals are. Thanks!
This is exactly what I needed to get my motivation in place. All of the tips were so helpful – I really need to incorporate yoga back into my life.
xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com
Very good questions and recommendations need to start working out soon no more waiting. That giveaway looks really nice to godo motivation.
Such cute photos! Making time to workout is so important. I love that if you get busy, you make it up the next day.
You have such an athletic physique! Keep of the great work!!
i always feel so good after working out! making time to workout is so important in many ways!
I never thought about the lengthening of the muscles when it came to not wanting to get bulky but it does make sense. It’s also why yoga definitely makes sense as well. I definitely should incorporate more of that. Thanks for all the good information here.
I would get the alo yoga epic legging.
I like the Paris bottoms
I would love to get the Thirty8 Mesh Seamless Legging!! Way too cute!
Thank you for answering the questions. I do yoga, cardio, and weights but I have to admit I should be doing more per week.
Thanks for sharing these exercise tips! I need to start foam rolling more after my workouts. I LOVE yoga and pilates– it really stretches and lengthens my muscles.
why oh why is it so easy to find an excuse not to exercise. love that you just catch up the next day, must change my mind-set
Loving this post! It’s always nice to know how fitness bloggers work on their bodies and what tips they can share. I’ve always wanted to try out yoga!
Since I am not allowed any strenuous exercise (doctor’s orders), the only exercise I can do is walking. And I do walk a lot every day. It does keep me fit and I have maintained a steady weight for a long time.
I’m so glad you wrote this! I love seeing you on IG because you seriously inspire me and make me want to get in shape. I just feel so clueless. In school I was super thin, like unhealthy thin, then college hit and my metabolism slowed way down and hello Freshman 20. Now I’ve been out of school for 7 years and I’m super unhealthy and can’t get started and stick with it. I try to do research on what to eat and there’s just SO much out there it’s overwhelming.
I seriously want your arms. Total goals!!
Being a mom doesn’t mean you will lose time to stay fit. Good thing there are women that can stay fit despite having babies 🙂 And I love that they can actually do physical activities with their kids.
Some people tend to lose their time to stay fit. We need to remember that we should give ourselves time to work and exercise despite having babies. By the way, you did a great job. Keep it up!!
Wow, I’m lucky to get my chair exercises done enough times in a week. My daughter goes to the gym five times a week, she has that on point. It is the food that is my problem as well as hers. I get sick of food after a few months of it. Yogurt is an example. You look fantastic and you’ve had children, amazing!
This is a good read. I enjoyed reading your answers. You’ve such a fit form. That abs though. You really rock it!
This is awesome, you look absolutely incredible! It is cool to know how you plan your meals and keeping breakfast and lunch as the biggest meals!
Thanks for this post! I wish I could do more exercises but upon my doctors’ advice, my exercises should be low impact, minimal exertion. So I am left with nothing but walking. It does keep me energized though. This post will help a lot of women who are trying their best to stay fit and healthy.
Awesome tips! I remember my mom giving a piece of advice after I gave birth to my first child. She said, “Eat like a king at breakfast, eat like a commoner at lunch, and eat like a pauper at dinner.” It helped, together with some exercises too.
Wow!!! You look amazing!! These are great tips and I am guilty of not following these steps above but i want to get better!!
We do CrossFit too (it’s so empowering isn’t it??) but we struggle with eating healthy/right. We’d refer to your daily meal plan and start from there for sure!
I have a hard time making the time to work out with two preschoolers and working from home full time. I like to take them on walks for some exercise and to get out of the house. I need to make the time for yoga again as well.
Excellent compilation. and you are such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing this.
This is a great answers. I love your take on this. I’m going to have to look into your suggestions.
I’m also in the fitness biz and I get those same questions. You can’t pop a pill, you gotta work for it. Right?!
I love your workout schedule and meal regimen. This post is so inspiring. You look incredible!
Your body looks amazing. I plan to use some of your exercise and food tips, thank you so much.
This is all such good information! You look absolutely amazing girlfriend, keep up the good work!
Really helpful tips. I do need to start setting time away for exercise, the days seem to run away with me.
You look amazing dear! This Q& A is motivating… Need to MAKE time to workout, been doing yoga lately and that kind of helped me but now that the weather is starting to get better, I can jog more outside…
Comments are closed.