Why Traveling With Kids is So Important
Traveling with kids, as I’m sure many of you can tell, is one of the most important things to my family. I know it may sound crazy, but I love traveling with these two rascals! Many of you ask: “Isn’t it stressful?” or “Why would you take them with you?” and I totally get it. Traveling alone or as a couple IS easier. And I do love to travel with just my husband as well. But the memories made, the experiences, the love that comes from a family traveling together is the greatest gift.
Here Are All the Reasons Why Traveling With Kids is so Important
- MANDATORY FAMILY TIME. When we travel, they can’t be distracted by all the things that catch their attention at home, and I can’t either. We are forced to experience new places together and focus all of our attention on it and each other. It’s amazing!
- Kids get excited about things that we don’t. So yes, seeing the Sistine Chapel is going to be breathtaking. But the kids will notice a statue or a street artist that I never would have, and will take such joy in it. It really opens ones eyes to the beauty that is all around!
- Culture! I want my children to learn and respect others’ culture, religion, point of view etc.
- At their ages right now, I can take them out of school with no hassle. They also travel exceptionally well at these ages (2 and 4). I did hear that you can take kids out of regular school for “cultural experiences” and I would love to continue doing one big trip a semester with them.
- I moved 11 times before I was 14 AND my parents always took us on road trips. It taught me to make friends easily, and that family is THE most important thing. I believe traveling does the same thing.
I LOVE traveling! I grew up traveling all over the world. I was able to learn about history hands on. It gave me a whole other perspective on education and life. Now that I’m married and have kids, we try to travel once a month, even if it’s local. My favorite place to travel too is Miccousekee, Fl. It’s my mothers family side plantation. I love being able to sit back and watch my kids play in the sam fields I grew up playing. It’s one of the best feelings in the world.
We took our 2 and 4 year olds to Italy, Switzerland and Germany 6 years ago and are going back to Europe this summer. This time with 4 children in tow, ages 10, 8, 6, and almost 2. We are going to Germany, France, Holland, and Belgium. It will be an adventure, but lots of wonderful family memories will be made.
Travellin with kids is so much tough, one needs to take care them properly.
I love to travel with my kids, since life is the collection of the memories we build. Traveling as a family truly creates memories for the ages. I would say that location is key if you want to create good memories, and not nightmares. I had a terrible experience once in Aruba because the property we rented was definitely not family-friendly, and the activities available were mostly for young adults. In contrast, we have had excellent experiences in the Emerald coast of Florida, because the activities available in the area are perfect for families, and the properties available for rent in Exclusive 30A are just perfect for a large family.
My family loves Exclusive 30A and the Emerald Coast as well Frank! They offer so many activities to keep us active and having fun throughout our entire vacation whether we are visiting the stunning beaches, taking bike rides with the complimentary bicycles, swimming in the community pools, or just relaxing in the gorgeous home we choose to stay at. I think it’s really important for my kids to have their own space and many of the homes we found through Exclusive 30A offered bunk rooms that even included a television and video game counsel so little Marcus and Halie can make their own fun.
If you travel with kids their mental level increases very rapidly and it also boost their knowledge. just awesome article.
Comments are closed.