Intermittent Fasting Progress Report and Fitness Q&A
Ok so update on intermittent fasting. I am still doing a 10 hours on 14 hours off at least 5 days a week. I try and do all seven days, but sometimes the weekends get crazy and I’m not going to stress about it too much. During those 10 hours of eating I focus on macros. My split is 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fat. Some days I increase my fat a little more if I feel low in energy.
My Intermittent Fasting Schedule:
- 6 AM wakeup- Detox tea.
- 8 AM Breakfast: bowl of whole grain cereal with a scoop of protein powder and almond milk
- 9 AM workout
- 10 AM Snack: post-workout protein/spinach shake
- 12 PM Lunch: Salad with chicken and balsamic dressing, with a side of hummus and carrots or GF pretzels OR Ezekieal bread sandwich with turkey, paleo mayo, cheese, spinach and a side of sweet potato fries (baked).
- 3 PM Snack: almonds and apple OR celery and peanut butter
- 5:30 PM Dinner: We’ve been doing a lot of meal delivery services lately as we’re SO burnt out on our normal chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli dinner.
- Total calories come to about 1800 cals-2000 cals
Exercise: I do workout 5 days a week. Typically it’s crossfit for at least 3 of those days and the other two will be spent at the gym doing HIIT and weights. Most of my workouts burn at least 400 calories, but tend towards 500+. The great thing about crossfit (and my trainers in particular) is that I am burning calories ALL DAMN DAY. If you live in Atlanta, and haven’t tried my gym yet, I would love for you to come join me to see what I mean. Basically, weights mixed with high intensity cardio cause your body to continue to burn calories at a higher rate throughout the day. This is so ideal for fat-burning, as well as cardio-vascular health! If you have any other fitness questions or questions about intermittent fasting, please ask them below!
I have been so curious about intermittent fasting, especially because my trouble time is evening snacking. Loved learning about your workouts too!
Oh wow you are my motivation. I’ve been really wanting to check out intermittent fasting to see if it’s something that would work with me.
I have never heard of intermittent fasting. I thought all fasting was simply not eating.. Very informative! I love how you expand on your days and how it works for you!
I hope you continue to find success in your training. Fasting is very hard.
Glad this intermittent fasting works for you!
You are doing awesomely 🙂
Hello! For me the feeding stage would work best between 12noon – 7:30pm. What about working out while fasting?
I know that will promote fat loss but could also cause muscle loss due to depleting the glycogen reserves. What are your thoughts on this? Are there some kind of post workout supplement to help? Please let me know, I am dying to start the intermittent fasting 🙂
Comments are closed.