Many of you have asked me how you can workout at-home. And while I fully support at-home workout plans (Itsines is AMAZING!) I do think having weights will significantly improve your overall health, strength and body composition. Here is the basic at-home gym equipment you need to get started! Also, make sure to check out Heather and Laura’s posts for more Holiday Honey Hustle Challenge fun.
- Adjustable Weights– Ok these are the most expensive of the group but well worth it. You really don’t need a barbell and all the extra weights if you have this set. Dumbbells like this are better for stability and isolating more muscles as you exercise. This specific set adjust from 5-52.5 pounds and got fantastic reviews on Amazon.
- Bosu Ball– Perfect for stability training. I use this for lunges, squats, glute bridges, push-ups, and tricep dips. The extra workout of trying to stabilize your body while doing these motions burns more calories and tones more muscle! This specific product comes with stress bands as well so you can do curls, tricep extensions, and so much more!
- Exercise Ball– Abs Abs Abs! You can do so many exercises on this. Some of my favorites are pike planks, planks, knee tucks, crunches etc. You can also use this for posture help with wall sits!
- Percussive Massager– You will thank me after trying this. It received the best reviews on Amazon, and has interchangeable massagers for different issues. Whether you have back pain, knee pain, neck pain, etc this has you covered. It also breaks up lactic acid AND water retention, which is great for recovery and reduction of cellulite.
- Adjustable Bench– For my weightlifters, you know you need this. It adjust from flat lay to a completely upright seat. You can do any and every thing on this and its only $79!!
- Booty Bands– Set is only $29!
- Bosu Ball– Great for stability workouts!